Ready to get serious? Start your journey to a successful and sustainable voiceover career.
From Mystery to Mastery is the V.O. Dojo's comprehensive program for voiceover artists who are ready to commit. It's a challenging training regimen that will prepare you for everything the industry has to offer and help you create your own path to a successful, sustainable career.
We're not messing around. This is FULL training. With its rigorous workouts, weekly assignments, and one-on-one coaching, From Mystery to Mastery will get out of your comfort zone and into voiceover success. Find out what you're capable of and acquire powerful skills that you'll keep for the rest of your life.
Voiceover is a solitary pursuit, but training doesn't have to be. From Mystery to Mastery offers a fun and interactive group experience where you can meet great people and learn from their journeys as well as your own. At the V.O. Dojo, you're in good hands, and you're being supported every step of the way. It's always just you in the booth, but you never do it alone.
Experiment with every genre of voiceover work. Discover your strengths and gain the valuable experience you need to step into the booth as a confident pro. As Tish says, "You need to be able to get on the road going 85 miles per hour with people who have been driving on the autobahn for 25 years." The Dojo can help get you up to speed!
M2M Basics is a weekly virtual workout that’s designed to develop your self-direction skills. It’s included in the full program of M2M, but it can also be a stand-alone program that becomes your framework of accountability, consistency, and community, if you’re planning to work on your own.
The M2M Basics program includes access to an ever-expanding copy library that allows you to be practicing with real copy throughout the month.
- The first week of the month is a Q & A and Spotlight Coaching Call
- The rest of the month is Direction Circles – groups of 4 or 5 go round robin, directing, reading, and timing. A V.O. Dojo Sensei gives feedback on the direction – giving and receiving.
- M2M Basics also includes 30 minutes of private coaching time per session.
The "From Mystery to Mastery" program includes:
- Interactive group V.O. workouts – both in-person and virtual!
- Weekly V.O. assignments with individualized feedback
- Private One-on-One Coaching/Action Planning sessions with Tish
- Group mindset and knowledge calls
- Access to V.O. Dojo Pro Fight Club, including the chance to meet and mingle with established, working V.O. pros and casting directors!
- Access to the M2M Private Facebook Group
- Unlimited email and text support
- Special access/discounts to select V.O. Dojo events
Praise for From Mystery to Mastery
The rewards are incredible...
"If you are serious about mastering the art of voiceover, I strongly recommend you study with Tish Hicks. The "From Mystery to Mastery" program is not easy; there are no shortcuts. I can assure you, though – if you put in the work and the time, Tish will guide you and teach you everything you need to know. As the title suggests, you may be starting from a place where voiceover is a mystery, but you will master it! Voiceover is one of the hardest things I have done, but the rewards are incredible. Thank you, Tish!"
– Lisa Costanza - M2M Member
V.O. Dojo sessions are a source for connections, support, and epiphanies
"Sessions in the V.O. Dojo have been for me a source for connections, support, and epiphanies: it's where I first heard of the demo-producer I ended up working with, where I always feel safe to play/explore/screw up, and where I've come to several big realizations about how to use my voice. Though I may have made these breakthroughs eventually, on my own, I firmly believe the V.O Dojo helped induce them.
Weekly workouts in the Dojo also helped give me the confidence I needed to win over the first agency I met with. And it was through Tish that I received my first audiobook audition. And I booked it. I so value Tish's guidance, wisdom and support and can't thank her enough for all she's done to help me launch a very cool career."